Old July 2nd 05, 10:58 PM
SP Cook

Christopher O'Callaghan wrote:

Hi,

In a month i will be making a long trip to australia for a holiday.I of
course plan on bringing my Bearcat portable radio scanner.I just nned to
know is it illegal for me to bring it with me on the plane?

Scanner as it it receives broadcasts other than SW, AM and FM
commercial bands? Like a police scanner?

If you are asking whether you can use it on a plane, it probably won't
work anyway. If you are asking if it is legal to use in Australia, you
should contact the Australian Embassy or the Australian equilivant of
the FCC directly. You will probably need some sort of Australian
liscense, and you may find that the freqs. used for various purposes
are different there.