Old July 3rd 05, 04:05 AM
Dave Proctor

On 2 Jul 2005 14:58:44 -0700, "SP Cook" wrote:

Christopher O'Callaghan wrote:

Hi,

In a month i will be making a long trip to australia for a holiday.I of
course plan on bringing my Bearcat portable radio scanner.I just nned to
know is it illegal for me to bring it with me on the plane?

Scanner as it it receives broadcasts other than SW, AM and FM
commercial bands? Like a police scanner?

If you are asking whether you can use it on a plane, it probably won't
work anyway. If you are asking if it is legal to use in Australia, you
should contact the Australian Embassy or the Australian equilivant of
the FCC directly. You will probably need some sort of Australian
liscense, and you may find that the freqs. used for various purposes
are different there.

Perfectly legal to use in Australia, without the need for a licence.
And despite what the police will try and tell you, it is not illegal
to listen in to police radio either (they will try to tell you it is
illegal, but when they catch you doing so they will have nothing to
charge you with).

Dave

=====

There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary, and those who don't.