Old July 3rd 05, 05:45 AM
Michael A. Terrell

-ex- wrote:

That sounds like the one I had in the 80's. It soldered well enough but
didn't have enough gas in the battery tank to do any very serious work.
If it were to be used regularly Frank's comments about a trickle
charger are worth noting.

-Bill

I had the Wahl orange, eight hour charge version. I added a switch
to the primary of the transformer to turn it off at night. It rarely
ran down in normal, day to day use, and I worked at least 40 hours a
week with it and a couple other irons on my bench.

PS: The first version was gray and took 16 to 24 hours to charge. The
orange model came next, followed by the red, one hour charge model. Of
course, it came out the week after I bought the orange one.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida