Old July 3rd 05, 12:30 PM
Simon Mason

"jkn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all
my brother lives in France these days (the Vercors region - in the
mountains near Grenoble) and misses his UK sport. He can get some of it
via the Internet but this isn't quite the same as 'live'. I wondered if
there was enough broadcast (eg via the BBC) on Shortwave, and if so
what class (eg cost) of SW radio might be required for decent reception
in his area. He is not very technical and so is seeking help from me. I
am reasonably technical - even have a class 'A' transmitting licence
from a few lifetimes ago - but I'm well out of touch with what's
available and hope to learn more from being around here.

Any good SW receiver such as the Sony 7600 will do, but he will get better
reception on satellite or a WorldSpace receiver: http://www.worldspace.com/

See http://qurl.net/ho for reception options in Grenoble. WorldSpace
receivers need a small subscription, but the receivers are quite cheap now.
--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net