Old July 3rd 05, 02:43 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

- You'll drive yourself batty trying to figure out why lightning does
what it does.

- Might there have been *two* strikes? The one that hit your antenna &
damaged the Hi-Z input, and *another* one that hit the power lines &
damaged the other equipment?

- Even if there was only one, that strike on the antenna would have
induced some pretty high voltages on the AC line, which could have
caused the damage to the other gear.

- Around here you can pretty much assume there will be at least one
thunderstorm within 100 miles of Nashville on any given summer day.
From about early April through about late September, I leave my
antennas disconnected when not in use.
--
Doug Smith W9WI