Old July 3rd 05, 08:11 PM
Wes Stewart

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:50:55 GMT, "Pat Whelton"
wrote:

I've had a store bought (so sue me) dipole fed with 600 ohm ladder line up
35 feet for about a year and a half now and I love this antenna. It's 66
feet in length and I can pretty much tune everything from 40 through 10
meters with a Dentron Super Tuner. This thing came with 50 feet of ladder
line and I have it draped all over the place trying to take up the slack
before it finally feeds into the shack.

My question is can I safely cut some of this excess ladder line off? I
assume that it will impact the tuning but I'm also assuming the tuner will
take care of it. I guess I can always cut it off and if it doesn't work I
can wire nut it back together again. It just looks sloppy with all this
extra feed line drooping off the roof and suspended by the fence (and over
to grandma's house we go) before it finally comes into the shack.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Cut it, there is nothing magic about 50' other than it's half of 100'.

BTW, is it really 600 ohm line or window line?