Old July 3rd 05, 04:21 PM
John Plimmer

Yes, the single most important location for outstanding DX on LF, MW and HF
is to site yourself right on the beach.
Much discussion has taken place about the "ideal" DX site and there is
considerable consensus among serious DXer's that DXing on the waters edge at
the beachside gives a major boost to signals.

Good luck in finding the Holy Grail of DX sites
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
RX Drake R8B, SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"Dennis Gibbs" wrote in message
Hello all,

I am beginning the process of searching for some land on which to build a
home. It will be located in the Pacific Northwest, in a fairly rural

area.
I expect to indulge myself heavily in my radio hobbies, including ham

radio
(especially on the HF bands) as well as a fair amount of Short Wave
Listening. I would like to solicit advice on how to evaluate a potential
location for quality of radio reception.

Aside from the obvious (i.e., a high elevation, away from high voltage

power
lines, plenty of room for antennas, etc.), are there any other attributes

should consider to ensure the location will be conducive to my radio
activities?

Dennis