Old July 4th 05, 04:18 AM
Dr. Artaud

wrote in news:8789-42C876A2-732@storefull-
3256.bay.webtv.net:

Hopefully it won't see it as seductive as an outdoor wire antenna (with a
lightning arrestor) that terminates just below a massive tree. I still
remember reading stories at the National Weather Service web site about
lightning safety. A woman, sitting in he kitchen, talking on a cordless
phone was struck in the side of the head by a lightning bolt. She survived,
but when the call for help was first placed, the police and medics thought
the call suspicious, since she wasn't on a corded phone. Basically, while
in most residential homes during lightning storms, you are never absolutely
safe.

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

A few days ago,I read on the internet where lightning zapped a 9 year
old girl's mattress and set it on fire in Kansas.There was some metal
things on the wall in her bedroom and the lightning was hunting for the
metal.It can do the same thing to antenna wire in a room too.
cuhulin