Old July 4th 05, 06:29 PM
Fabian Kurz

Zed Zed wrote:
http://www.onlinehamfest.com/search.htm

Not too good, I'm afraid.

All the following return "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern
Ireland":

[...]

This is the first draft and the data is from the information that I found at
arrl.org.
Please list them for me and I'll add them to the database. I need them in
this format:
VHA-VNZ|Australia|VK

You might rather want to use the CTY.DAT file by K1EA. The data you are
using looks like the ITU allocations, and from those you cannot tell the
_DXCC_ country.

As I see, you are using Perl for the script; I wrote a parser and
algorithms in Perl to figure out the DXCC, Zone, Continent etc. from
any callsign (including calls like KL7/DJ1YFK/P) as a part of my
logbook program YFKlog. It's open source under the GPL, so you can use
the code if you like (subs 'dxcc' and 'wpx' in yfksubs.pl):
http://fkurz.net/ham/yfklog/yfklog-0.1.0.tar.gz
or http://fkurz.net/ham/yfklog.html for a general description of the
software, if anyone is interested.

73,