Old September 5th 03, 06:28 AM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Frankly, I haven't paid any attention to your ducking, dodging, and
hand-waving. You haven't been able to produce an analysis showing the
voltages, currents, and powers in the same simple circuit I analyzed. As
far as I'm concerned, nothing you've posted constitutes a proof of
anything.

If one leads a horse to water and it refuses to drink, digging another
lake is just a waste of time. Analyze the following and see if you
get the same results. I'm betting you will catch your error.

Z0=68-j39
---lossy feedline---+---1WL 50 ohm lossless line---10+j50 load
Vfwd1-- Vfwd2--
--Vref1 --Vref2

Vfwd1 = Vfwd1*rho1 + Vfwd1*tau1 one forward, one reflected component

Vref2 = Vref2*rho2 + Vref2*tau2 one forward, one reflected component

Vref1 = Vfwd1*rho1 + Vref2*tau2 both reflected components added together

Vfwd2 = Vfwd1*tau1 + Vref2*rho2 both forward components added together

Note that every voltage has two components. You chose only one component
for your Vfwd. You ignored the other component of Vfwd. Hint: you cannot
have voltages left over from calculating the total forward voltage and
the total reflected voltage.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp