Old July 5th 05, 01:59 AM
Dee Flint

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote

So here we are.

Yup, and no one has persuaded me it can't be done. I've only been
persuaded that we haven't figured out how yet. (Sorta reminds you,
doesn't it, of how those old-tymey hams must have felt when they were told
to take their party to "200 meters and below".) You, Jim, and Dee
bemoaning how hard it will be, and John raising the tantalizing notion
that we may only be a few "eureka!!!"s away from something workable.
Outside my area of competence, but I'll watch the dialog with interest.

73, de Hans, K0HB

From my understanding of John's comments, he is saying it can be done now
with current technology. He does not however tell us how. He just chatters
on about "compressing it enough" without stating the degree of compression,
etc.

Hey I'm all for the "eureka" when it happens but the problem is that it is
unpredictable. Not only is it unpredictable in time but in the nature of
the breakthrough.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE