Old July 5th 05, 02:13 AM
KØHB

"Dee Flint" wrote

Hey I'm all for the "eureka" when it happens but the problem is that it is
unpredictable. Not only is it unpredictable in time but in the nature of the
breakthrough.

That's what makes ham radio some damn much fun! In my profession role I can
send a team of engineers off with some marketeers scribbling and know that
within 12-18 months I'll be shipping product. Bnt ham radio is not so
predicable --- we get these delightful surprises from unexpected places.

Some like APRS and PSK-xx gain traction and thrive in a niche, others like AX.25
packet radio and 2-meter autopatches which blossom like an Independence Day
firework, then fizzle to a few sparks on the ground after a short period of
glory.

Then there are a few genuine "revolutions" which fundamentally change the nature
of amateur radio. We're about due for one of those.

73, de Hans, K0HB