Old July 5th 05, 07:56 AM
Zed Zed

Still not quite right, I'm afraid. It is searching for the input
string not only in the prefix list, but also in the country name list
and in the suffixes of complete callsigns.

I tried MM, MI, MX, MJ, MU, GX, ZB

In most cases, the correct reference was found but also a huge number
of other irrelevant references.

Can you make it search the prefix field only?

That's what I did in the first database, search just one unique ID. And
with the first database, I decided to stop with only the first two digits of
the call sign. I had every current country allocation listed from A0 to 9Z.
Thus enter the first two digits of the call sign for the allocated country.
By the way, I edited each of the 1,042 entries by hand in Windows Notepad.

The cty.dat file lists call prefixes by country, instead of by number like
the first database. It has only 340+ lines since it's by country. Then the
extra prefixes for the country are listed in each entry in each database
line.

I think I may have this working a bit better now. I used another file
editor to leave a space between the additional call signs and now have the
output displayed in neater and more organized rows.

Please try it now and let me know what you think about it. It displays the
same output but it is a lot easier to read.

Thanks,
Dave, Zed Zed

To reply to this message by email, please remove the X's.