Old July 5th 05, 04:36 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"Dee Flint" wrote

Please show me and everyone else how we can run more than 300 baud on HF
without exceeding reasonable band widths.

Why is this conversation hung up on 300 baud?

It's perfectly legal, for example to run digital voice (J2E) on HF under todays
FCC rules, and it will fit nicely in the generally accepted 3KHz band width now
used by traditional SSB. 97.307(f)(3) applies to rtty/data transmission, it
does not apply to voice or image.

So, fit it into 3KHz, if that will be legal. John's system is
forthcoming soon. Live video will be broadcast on HF, probably in a few
months.

- Mike KB3EIA -