Old July 5th 05, 04:42 AM
John Smith

Mike:

It has been posted, it has been done, years ago.

For some reason you guys seem to claim a 56K phone modem which
operated within a ~5K audio bandwidth will suddenly cease to be able
to do so when hooked to a transceiver providing it with a ~5K audio
bandwidth...

.... logic which I am at a loss of words to describe--of how stupid
that logic looks...

.... and seems to pose the insane question of, "When is 5K really "NOT"
5K?" Or, "Are phone lines magic?"

.... or, "Whatever happened to the ~5K audio on my transceiver, and why
did it suddenly stop when I kludged on a modem?"

.... or just, "Do I look confused to you?"

.... or, "Am I dreaming all of this?"

.... or, "HELLO? Is anyone at home there?"

John

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Dee Flint wrote:

Please show me and everyone else how we can run more than 300 baud
on HF without exceeding reasonable band widths. There are a whole
lot of things, not just video, that would be nice to do.

How can we do it? Bandwidth is directly related to baud rate.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

John has been challenged. His system for real time video via HF will
be posted soon, TTPUOSU!

- Mike KB3EIA -