Old July 5th 05, 04:46 AM
Mike Coslo

John Smith wrote:
Mike:

The clock in a ~4GHz computer and DDR memory makes modem data xfr look
incredibly s-l-o-w.... with spaces miles long between marker bits...

100Mbs nic cards are not even close to a challenge to that clock
speed...

Um, John, just as a simple experiment, what do you get when you
modulate say a 14 MHz signal with that 4 GHz signal?

note: not that you would do that for a live video system, but are you
starting to see my point? What happens at the computer is not the issue.
It is what happens at the frequency we are trying to use.

Computer clock speed is not relevant to the the issue. It is how much
data an HF signal can handle.

There have been a lot of engineers, mathematicians and programmers
working on this problem. If you have a method of doing this, I
*strongly* suggest that you hire a patent attorney, and get to work. You
are gonna be rich, man!

I'm willing to help you with the initial experiments. In fact, in the
interest of the furtherance of Ham radio, science, and mankind, I have
challenged you to produce such a system.

- Mike KB3EIA -

- Mike KB3EIA -