Old July 5th 05, 05:06 AM
John Smith

Mike:

Have you ever seen a webcam on a computer hooked to a 56K modem which
is hooked to a phone line and used for video conference?

.... so now your argument has become, "Webcams on computers are magic?
But cease to function on when the "signal" is fed to a transceiver!"

People used to use 'em on 14K modems, but with rather poor results...
Get real!

John

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
Mike:

It has been posted, it has been done, years ago.

For some reason you guys seem to claim a 56K phone modem which
operated within a ~5K audio bandwidth will suddenly cease to be
able to do so when hooked to a transceiver providing it with a ~5K
audio bandwidth...

... logic which I am at a loss of words to describe--of how stupid
that logic looks...

... and seems to pose the insane question of, "When is 5K really
"NOT" 5K?" Or, "Are phone lines magic?"

... or, "Whatever happened to the ~5K audio on my transceiver, and
why did it suddenly stop when I kludged on a modem?"

... or just, "Do I look confused to you?"

... or, "Am I dreaming all of this?"

... or, "HELLO? Is anyone at home there?"

Post it, John! I will duplicate the system and we will sked on HF.

But if you are speaking of connecting a 56K modem to an HF rig, you
are not even *close* to the BW that is needed.

- Mike KB3EIA -