Old February 4th 04, 11:15 PM
Cambio

Free to the readers --- costly to the wemaster -- just ask any of them.

I pay my provider (like earthlink -- but not earthlink) a monthly fee to
connect to the internet.
you can get charged extra if the bandwidth is exceeded.
And a megasite can easly have way over the bandwidth they limit to.

Earthlink did that to me -- sent me a $140 bill in addition to my $29 a
month bill -- so dropped them.

So had go to elsewhere and it costs me $40 a month x 12 = $480 to get the
web space I need and the bandwidth.

Then you run into the problem of some nut banging on your website
automatically and drivng the bandwidth out of site.

Mabe you meant juno.com -- but you can't run a big website on Juno or
zero.net or those guys.

--
73- Cambio - Keyboard To You (:-)

"Blarn E. Stone" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:27:05 -0800, "Cambio" wrote:

A free web site can cost several hundred dollars a year to run and

maintain
including Provider Costs,

Free to the readers --- costly to the wemaster -- just ask any of them.

You will have to have spyware, firewalls, very tight cgi-bins and a lot more
if you run a website

How the hell does it cost for the provider service if it is FREE?