Old July 5th 05, 04:10 AM
Bill Crocker

That's what they looked like to me. I've seen them in Troy, Michigan also.

Bill Crocker

"Jack Myers" wrote in message
krackula wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:51:41 -0700, Scott en Aztl?n
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:50:50 +0000, Guy Macon
http://www.guymacon.com/ wrote:

http://tinypic.com/6okknl.jpg

one thought about these : this device is located on a utility company
light pole. it's highly unlikely that it belongs to anyone
commercial other than the utility company / or the " city of "
people.

Are we looking at equipment left over from the old Metricom Ricochet
service? Their strateqy was to operate a mesh network in the unlicensed
ISM band. By cutting a deal with the city to use lamposts they could
avoid having to pay the high utility pole attachment fees.