Old July 5th 05, 05:56 PM
Fabian Kurz

J Tabor wrote:
Great work. Most impressive, especially since I don't speak perl. G Is
your script running somewhere?

I just quickly put it online:
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/cgi-...pl?call=DJ1YFK
Just a quick and ugly hack -- I am not very keen on designing websites

A question please? When a prefix is typed to be searched, do you search both
the "primary" and the "all prefix" lists?

No, only the all prefix list.

Just curious. I note, in the list, the primary is not "always" included in
the "all" lists. Also there are a couple of entries where - apparently - the
listed primary is not the generally accepted primary. For example North
Korea, if I recall. Yes, I experienced brain cramps on this a couple of
weeks ago.

The primary prefix is not neccesarily included in the list for all
prefixes because it might be a subset of the 'all prefixes' list. For
example for Germany, only "D" is listed in the all-prefixes list. Other
countries like Cape Verde also start with D, but their list shows "D4".
The algorithm is to look for the longest matching prefix; D44BC matches
1 character for Germany, 2 for Cape Verde, so it counts as D4.

73,
--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/