Old February 5th 04, 11:25 PM
- - Bill - -

-Rev Jones wrote:
SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!
Subject: FS:Antenna Packag
Isn't this the same guy/group thats always looking for
handouts ?
Beg on month, FS: the nest month on another NG
This is absolutly discusting , does Anbody remember this posting?

=================
Subject: AMATEUR EQUIPMENT DONATION NEEDED

I recall the PS 22 folk (WB2JKJ?) in NY doing this for the past 20-30
years. I have no problem with them soliciting junk gear then selling
off the surplus to support a legitimate radio club.
I mean, really. How many old wattmeters and keyers can a club use? The
person donating gets their write-off and kudos...the club gets to pick
thru the best of the lot...and the remainder goes back to the market to
pay the lights and rent for the club.
Could easily be a scam but thats not my first assumption. If you've
ever managed the finances for a radio club you'd know how it works.
You're not gonna find many 10-12 year old newbies to pay $25 per year
club dues just trying to get themselves involved in the hobby.

-BillM