Old February 6th 04, 01:33 AM
Roger Gt

"Dave" wrote in message
news.com...
Hi all,

I just found several 829B tubes - believe it or

not in my garage - I
must have got them in a box of stuff at a ham

fest at one time.
A check on Ebay shows they're pretty much

worthless for the sake
of dollars, but they're so COOL! With the two

plate caps that are
actually just stiff pins, they look like little

Martians.

I put a pair on my office credenza just to look

geeky cool. Fresh
out of the box as NOS they look amazing - just

like they were made
yesterday. It's a pity they have no value -

maybe as a homebrew
project??

So can someone tell me what they would have been

used for?
Something tells me they're a VHF power tube.

Any application as a one-tube QRP rig of any

sort? Any stories
about using them in the past? I've built a lot

of little rigs over the
years, but never knew about the 829

Thanks,

Dave

The last rig I saw using an 829 was about 35 to 50
watts in the 50 to 70 MHZ range.
Makes a good 2 Meter amp.
Nice tube. Not QRP IMO...
I have three of them around here somewhere.