Old February 6th 04, 04:24 PM
Cambio

To see the tube photo -- go to googe.com type in "829B tubes"
Select IMAGES not web.

I recall these in Military Aircraft of the 50's --- I believe ARC-27 -- a
UHF Transceiver by Collins Radio

The ARC-1 Transceiver used a smaller rounded version 832B -- we called them
door knob tubes -- see google

So would make a VHF/UHF power output stage maybe 10 watts or so

--
73- Cambio - Keyboard To You (:-)
-----------------------------------
"Dave" wrote in message
news.com...
Hi all,

I just found several 829B tubes - believe it or not in my garage - I
must have got them in a box of stuff at a ham fest at one time.
A check on Ebay shows they're pretty much worthless for the sake
of dollars, but they're so COOL! With the two plate caps that are
actually just stiff pins, they look like little Martians.

I put a pair on my office credenza just to look geeky cool. Fresh
out of the box as NOS they look amazing - just like they were made
yesterday. It's a pity they have no value - maybe as a homebrew
project??

So can someone tell me what they would have been used for?
Something tells me they're a VHF power tube.

Any application as a one-tube QRP rig of any sort? Any stories
about using them in the past? I've built a lot of little rigs over the
years, but never knew about the 829

Thanks,

Dave