Old February 6th 04, 04:44 PM
Mike Andrews

In UcPUb.7963$IF1.3703@fed1read01 (rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors), Cambio wrote:
To see the tube photo -- go to googe.com type in "829B tubes"
Select IMAGES not web.

I recall these in Military Aircraft of the 50's --- I believe ARC-27 -- a
UHF Transceiver by Collins Radio

The ARC-1 Transceiver used a smaller rounded version 832B -- we called them
door knob tubes -- see google

So would make a VHF/UHF power output stage maybe 10 watts or so

They were the final in the TX of the AN/ARC-3, too. I never got
mine lit up, as I went into the USAF not long after I got mine --
surplused (or something) from the Civil Air Patrol, way back in
1964.

--
Any research done on how to efficiently use computers has been long lost
in the mad rush to upgrade systems to do things that aren't needed by