Old July 7th 05, 02:43 AM
Jim Hampton

"Larry" wrote in message
Oh stop your stupid whining a crying! You live in a 1950s time warp.
BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nope, not really. It is about rules.

I just finally solved a problem I've had. These cars and those stupid
*loud* stereo systems in 'em. An idiot parked outside my house (lovely day,
around 70 and low humidity) and I was trying to eat dinner.

I finally decided that "rules" don't work (there is a noise ordinance here).
So .... I turned Direct TV to the big bands and started cranking. All 5
channels are hooked to Bose speakers rated sufficiently to handle it.
Several hundred watts. Normally, the TV is too loud at 8 and I usually run
it at 6 for television and perhaps 7 for music.

I only had it up to around 35 or 40 when I knocked 4 pictures off the walls.
The whole house was shaking. I left it there for about 60 seconds, then
turned it back down. The idiot figured it out. Since his windows were also
open, I suspect he got the drift in a hurry. I could no longer hear his car
system

As to the folks that are discouraged by encroachment on the ham bands, they
should figure out that sporadic e on the 10 meter band can be fickle. If
you hear a very loud signal, that doesn't necessarily mean you can interfere
with his transmission as he may be talking to someone you can't hear and
can't hear you. Wait till he stops talking, then turn on the RTTY. Even
barefoot, you'll likely kill his reception. If he can't hear 'em, he can't
work 'em.

It ain't the number of guns you have, it's who you shoot.
))

With all due regards from Rochester, NY
Jim