Old July 7th 05, 04:33 AM
Fred McKenzie

In article , "larry"
wrote:

Since this is a group concerning equipment.. I have a question...I have an
IC-22S which has a technical problem...

Larry-

I can't answer your question. I can only provide the stock reply for
IC-22S problems, and let you see if it can be applied.

It seems that the Phase Lock Loop PCB used stainless steel pins to connect
the front and back sides. Even if you succeed in soldering that
combination, the joint will eventually fail.

The solution is to take it apart, remove the pins and replace with wire
that can be soldered.

If your - or + duplex signals are connected to the PLL, they well could be
affected by poor connection of the feed-thru pins.

73, Fred, K4DII