Old July 7th 05, 11:35 PM
b.b.

K4YZ wrote:
b.b. wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

No "benefactor" needed.

And you didn't.

So you never got a "Definitely Promote" on your fitness/performance
report?

Not on a USMC fitness report, Brain. Or I should be more precise,
not on a USMC fitness report while I was on Active Duty.

You received one after you left the service? Posthumously?

They add up the OS, EX, AA, etc, make a score, then add it up.
They establish a "cutting score" based upon a curve of all fitness
reports for the grade sought and the needs of that OCC FIELD at that
time, and you either make the cut or you don't.

Steve, K4YZ

Sounds familiar for the lower grades. For the top grades, there's a
board. When the board members read their CINC's remark (sounds more
like an order, doesn't it?), "Definitely promote," and there is a
billet, the Definitely Promote gets it.