Old July 8th 05, 03:06 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

You've probably heard the old engineering adage:

"You can have it fast, good or cheap. Choose any two"

All Shannon's Theorem does is equate fast to data rate, good to S/N,
and cheap to bandwidth.

BINGO! That's exactly the problem. What is Jim going to give up to get it?

And my, have we come a long way from simply hooking up a modem To our
rig haven't we?

Lessee, Split operation, perhaps 2 modems? Lotsa power, very high
quality transmitter and PA, as well as a great soundcard. A marked
sensitivity to phase distortion. At HF, it would be a very expensive
system that would work on a good day maybe.

And it is a superior thing?

Makes BPL look like a masterpiece!

- Mike KB3EIA -