Old July 8th 05, 06:33 AM
Panopticon

"The pitch of the chime is a 'G' below middle 'C'."

I'm no musician. What note does "Big Ben" in London play?

"Panopticon" wrote in message
In retrospect this is rather interesting:

"08:46 UTC"? What time did the London bombings begin?

"about seven 'chimes' every five seconds" Seven/Seven = Date 7th July?

Hmmm, I wonder if the frequency "5744" can be made to fit this

coincidence?

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi...

Right now, at 08:46 July 7 2005 UTC, I hear a "bell" chiming on 5744

kHz,

USB.

There are about seven "chimes" every five seconds or so. There's a

reasonable amount of fade on
this

signal, and its not very strong here in Auckland.

A WUN search reveals nothing significant.

Any ideas?

Mark.

Auckland

New Zealand.