Old February 8th 04, 01:11 AM
Ross Matheson

"Geoffrey G. Rochat" wrote:
in elfla.com,

[snip]

: A lot of The Radio Amateur's Handbooks of the '50s and '60s had 892B
: projects in them. The 1953 edition, immediately to my left as I write this,
: has "A 100-Watt RF Amplifier for 50 and 144 Mc." on page 405. It runs
: push-pull class-C, up to 120 Watts CW or FM, and 100 Watts AM.

Gone by the 1955 edition I have. The 1947 ed uses it in 3 2M TX circuits.

I have 3 RCA 829B and 6 or 7 slightly sturdier UK mil CV2666 equivalents,
plus some CV178A / 5894 bottles I intend to use sometime in something:-)

: And the following fellow has gone to an awful lot of trouble to use two
: 829Bs in parallel single-ended triode mode in a stereo amplifier:
:
: http://www.pmillett.addr.com/829b_amplifier.htm

These (Chinese) stereo push-pull amplifiers are commercial products:

http://www.cayin.de/amps_de/endverstarker/929D/929D.htm
http://www.cayin.de/amps_de/vollvers.../500/500mk.htm
http://www.cayin.de/amps_de/endverst...00mk/800mk.htm
http://www.cayin.de/amps_de/endverstarker/800/800.htm

They substitute Russian FU29 or GU29 or US 3E29 in some.

You can get a rough translation by copying & pasting
http://translate.google.com/translate_c?hl=en&u=
in front of the links, with no space between the two.

These seem to be out of production now by the manufacturer;
they used to be on the vaccum tube amplifier link from their English index:
http://www.sparkaudio.com/eproduct.asp

RdM
(operators certificate in 1969 at 17 - never actually got on air - one day!)