Old July 8th 05, 03:42 PM
Rufus Leaking

Thanks for reminding us of this frequency, which often becomes
active I guess around hurricane season. There's a lot of activity on it
today, as well.

with our sons and daughters in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as
worldwide, there's always activity on the MARS freq's....

I've not done it in years, but I was active on the mil side of MARS
handling traffic, it's a great way to help out if you're a ham. A
friendly voice on a phone patch does quite a bit to boost the morale of
a lonely soldier in some far off desert land...

73, de
Dave
N0TXW