Old July 8th 05, 07:07 PM
Michael Coslo

John Gotwals wrote:

Thanks for your comments. I purchased a new HF6V, and the instructions do
mention keeping the angle about 45°. I plan to install it without guys, but
I wanted to see if someone had some strong advice to the contrary.

"Dave "Doc" Corio" wrote in message

My HF9V has withstood Iowa and PA winds, both ground-mounted and elevated
without a single problem. The antenna can be guyed, however, if you feel
it necessary. The directions show the placement of guys on the mast. It's
important to get the proper placement so winds don't do any damage if it's
guyed too high or too low.

I'll chime in that my HF6V is also doing fine without guys.

- Mike KB3EIA -