Old July 9th 05, 03:29 AM
running dogg

Brian Hill wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Weather records have ONLY been kept for a few hundred years.
That means we don't know ****!

- Disagree.. Science says different..

We can take ice core samples to see what the climate and such was but no
real documentation was logged in the distant past . the fact is the Earth is
constantly changing.

We simply don't know. We don't really know if this is part of a natural
warming cycle-we were in a cold period from 1200-1800 AD-or greenhouse
gas induced. It is known that at Lake Tahoe in the California mountains,
forests covered areas that are now underwater. The desert southwest in
the US has had 200 year long droughts in the past. At the other extreme,
glaciers once covered what is now the US as far south as northern
Mexico. Clearly, the earth has had major shifts in climate and weather
patterns before, in times when auto emissions were not a factor.