Old July 10th 05, 03:37 AM
Michael A. Terrell

D Peter Maus wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

Quite sure. I also found one at RS this weekend that is rated at
1.3 V.

I'd like to know who makes it and what the chemistry is. Standard
white LEDs are blue and use a phosphor to convert it to white light. I
have data sheets on over 100 different types of white LEDs and none are
under 3 volts.

Clearly you don't believe me. So the back and forth isn't getting
either of us anywhere.

Look up LED's at Parts Express. You'll find all of them are 2.2
and under.

Parts Express is not a fountain of knowledge and they give the same
operating specs for all colors of LEDs which is typical of a surplus
store.

Go to RS and look in the drawers. But if you think you're going
to get anyone there to give you a manufacturer's name, you're going
to be disappointed.

www.radioshack.com lists one white LED, stock number 276-320 with
these specs:

Typical MCD is 1100. Size is T-1- 3/4 or 5mm. Clear lens color. 20mA
(max). Typical Voltage is 3.6V. Comes as package of 1.

Do you have a different stock number I can request the specs for?

Likewise the grab boxes at a hamfest.

I have no doubt that your data supports your position. The only
logical conclusion to be drawn is that either your data is
incomplete, or the LED's sold by Parts Express, RS, or the hamfest
vendor don't exist.

There is a lot of discusion about white LEDS and driver circuits for
1.5 volt operation on news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic I'm sure
they would love to find LEDs that don't require drivers.

That would make my 3000-1 T/O something of an oddity, and I
supposed I should be making a posting on eBay right away. Certainly
would go a long way toward that estate in the Yukon I've been
dreaming about.

Have a good weekend, Michael.

Maybe, if hurricane Dennis is gone in time. It doesn't look likely.
--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida