Old February 11th 04, 01:15 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Henry Kolesnik wrote:

I'm aware of the computerized unit at
http://www.tubesontheweb.com/index.htm, but it's out of my range. Is there
any way to find out what the fixture looks like, better yet a pix?. Now I'm
wondering if an old IBM keypunch card maker could be the base. I can't
recall the model number., but there was no shortage.of them 40 years ago but
I'll bet you could find one cheap if you looked hard enough.
73
hank

The old IBM key to card punches that I have seen (and scrapped) were
the model 19 and the model 29. They were small steel desks full of

better make that a model "026", and "029". There was also a model "129".

the 026 and 029 were distinguishable by the _round_ keys that stuck up from
the keyboard, like a forest of dowels. The "129" had a contemporary-looking
keyboard. with a grid of square keys.

mechanical and electrical parts that no one wanted, so they were
scrapped for the steel frames and made into small work benches.

I don't know anything about the cardmatic, but if it uses a 'standard'
Hollerith-style punch-card format 'card', then I know where _lots_
of "surplus" card-maker devices would be available. _Everywhere_ that
governments used "punch-card *VOTING*MACHINES*". You could even make up
a 'ballot form' that had a crib-sheet on it for what each hole in the
card meant. grin