Old July 10th 05, 09:16 PM
Ron Hardin

Mike Ward wrote:
And, as I type this, Dennis is just hours away from landfall pretty
much right in the middle of the Mobile market.

Of course, this station will likely not turn the power down early
Monday morning, thus depriving Ron of his desperately-needed Imus
fix...maybe he can squeeze a signal out of WFNR/710 Blacksburg VA, or
one of the other Imus affiliates he tries to get through the static...

They've been doing it for a couple of weeks, so I doubt it's any emergency.

I think they don't get to broadcast any old way they want no matter what
I want to hear something else for, if those are the terms of the license.
I think either they've miscalculated sunrise (add vs. subtract for
daylight time) or one of their nighttime antennas is at the wrong phase
or amplitude for the required northward null.

WFNR 710 has become a very difficult shot in the last year for some reason
but I haven't investigated. A couple of years ago I was hearing WDSM 710
in Duluth as well.

http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/wdsm.ram
http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/wfnr2.ram

WFNR competes with WOR 710 NYC, splatter from WLW 700 Cincinnati and some Miami
station on 710 before sunrise.

--
Ron Hardin