Old July 10th 05, 11:32 PM
John Gotwals

I would have liked to have attached the picture to my initial posting, but
since this is not a binaries newsgroup, I abstained. I do not yet have a
website, so this seemed the best way to make the picture available.

The Butternut HF6V is ground mounted by inserting a 1-1/8" X 24" tube (tube
A) into the ground to a depth of approximately 21" with about 3" of the
tubing above ground. Tube A has a fiberglass insulator inserted in the upper
portion of the tube, and in addition to serving as an insulator, it is used
as the support for the next antenna tube (tube B). According to the
directions, the upper end of the insulator should be about 7" above ground.

There are no plastic wedges, but I did clamp tube A to the DX Engineering
stainless radial plate which included a wedge made from light metal,
probably cast or forged aluminum. This wedge and a stainless u-bolt are used
to make an electrical and mechanical attachment between Tube A and the
stainless radial plate.

I hope I have answered your questions,
John, N9JG

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
Great picture! Unfortunately, it is accompanied by a lot of spam, some
of which I may need to reboot to get rid of.

Please describe the white, solid tube. Does it go into the ground?
Did
the large U-bolt and the plastic wedges come with the kit? Is the
tubular,
metal sleeve a splice?