Old July 11th 05, 01:51 AM
Frank

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
Spike wrote:

Can this be the same idiot who thought that a spring/damper
combination was the mechanical equivalent of a coil and capacitor, on
the grounds that they both exhibited resonance?

from
Aero Spike

I'm that idiot. Actually, one of the very many. The equations for the two
systems are identical.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL, ROW, ASI
(Reg's Old Wife and now Aero Spike's Idiot. The titles just keep
accumulating. Of course I'm also a proud member of the OFC.)

Of course, I should have mentioned a mass/spring/damper (equivalent to
capacitor/inductor/resistor), not just spring/damper. I think the only
physical system that can not be entirely modeled as an electrical analog is
a thermal system; which has no inductor equivalent.

Frank