Old July 11th 05, 01:59 AM
Roy Lewallen

Oops, I stand corrected -- thanks, Frank. Once again I read too hastily.
A *mass*/spring combination mimics an inductor/capacitor, of course. A
damper adds resistance. So a spring/damper combination would act more
like an RC or RL circuit, but with a little stray L or C from the
spring's mass.

Hope I don't have to give up my new title. Titles really impress folks
in some parts of the world.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL, ROW, ASI, OFC

Frank wrote:

Of course, I should have mentioned a mass/spring/damper (equivalent to
capacitor/inductor/resistor), not just spring/damper. I think the only
physical system that can not be entirely modeled as an electrical analog is
a thermal system; which has no inductor equivalent.

Frank