Old July 11th 05, 02:33 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear John:
Thank you. I understand even more about "A." Is it correct to assume
that the metallic part of "A" is aluminum?

Thank you also for your first estimate of the ID needed to enclose the
whole antenna. That is of great help.

73, Mac N8TT
--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"John Gotwals" wrote in message
A plastic rod has been partially inserted into tube A (to a depth of

perhaps
6") at the end which is above ground. Tube A and the rod have been drilled
at right angles to their axes of symmetry, and a screw has been inserted
into the hole, and where the screw protrudes on the opposite side of tube

A,
a nut has been attached and tightened. When the antenna is constructed,

this
screw will serve as the junction for one end of a base matching coil (Coil
Q) and for the shield from a short length of 75? matching coax (Coax R).

The instructions state that tube A can be placed in concrete, but they
recommend slightly twisting tube A, while the concrete is setting, for

easy
removal later.

The manual states "in areas of frequent or heavy winds a set of short
non-conductive guys should be used to reduce the stresses that wind

will impart to the lower sections of the antenna."

As a first estimate, your friends cylindrical radome will have to have a
diameter of at least 6", but I'll know more in a few days.

John, N9JG