Old July 11th 05, 09:07 PM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:52:11 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

Bob,
The storm was not a pinpoint single line width across the map but over 3 0 0
m i l e s wide. I did not measure the "winds in Union". If they were not
high enough for you then maybe better luck next time.

According to the storm category indications on the map at

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical.../at200504.html

"Hurricane Dennis" was actually a "tropical depression" before it ever
crossed into Mississippi, some distance north of Union.

Charlie, I would never wish high winds upon anyone, but before you
brag about riding out a Category 4 Hurricane, you should be a little
more accurate in your terminology :-)

Have a good one...

bob
k5qwg