Old July 12th 05, 01:28 AM
Russ

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:47:37 -0400, Buck wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:49:26 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

In all honesty to those that ridiculed the tower and it's associated
riggings etc...I have posted photos of the damage incurred from the category
4 hurricane Dennis. I never expected this kind of result...live and learn I
suppose. Here is the direct link..

1. http://deepsouthnet.net/storm_damage.html

Just because the antenna wasn't damaged in this storm doesn't mean it
its installation is safe. So it withstood a storm whose biggest claim
to fame around her is flood damage.

Will the antenna stand the test of time?

Good luck
Plonk!

While I'm not going to "plonk" you, I would advise you to get better
guy anchors. Trees and utility poles aren't up to the task. If it
was me, I'd set some 6 or 8 inch steel pipe about four to six feet
into a BIG block of cement leaving six or seven feet out of the
ground. Have lugs welded to the pipe and attach the guys to the lugs.
This will get the guys up over head high and allow grass cutting and
the like around the posts. When the tree comes down, so will your
tower. Of course, using two different brands of tower section was
just foolish, the money spent on making a possibly faulty adapter
could have gone for another good section of tower. But, hey, it's
your tower and your money. As for me and mine, good engineering
practice takes precedence over make-do every time. Another amazing
fact is that someone climbed up there to put it up and set antennas.
It must have been a crazy man, as no sane tower-monkey would have
climbed up there on two different tower sections and faulty guying.
Be sure and post photos of the wreck when it comes down,eh.