Old July 12th 05, 06:32 AM
mike maghakian

For the category of SWBC listening and DXing, the satellit 800 is a far
superior product, really there is no comparison

1) better sound
2) better selectivity in the stock versions
3) FAR better sync detector, even if it is a fixed version !

Hi Peter,

I own several radios and for the money, the R75 just can't be beat. It
just can't. I paid $425 after specials for mine brand new w/DSP. The
performance outta that receiver is freaking amazing for me here in
Florida. If I need to pull a signal out of total garbage and can make out
what's being sent I can do it with the R75.

The Twin PBT with the coupling of different filters {I have a pair of
2.8's added} and the DSP that is not bad at all, makes this a superb unit
for the price. Add the remote control option and the UT-102 voice
synthesizer and it's a very fun unit.

I don't know how any SWL-DX'er in the know doesn't own one unless it's a
more expensive unit.

Just MHO

Lucky