Old July 12th 05, 09:40 PM
Michael Coslo

KØHB wrote:
Question 1: If Icom/Ten-Tec/Yaesu-Standard/MFJ/Kenwood-Trio left the amateur
radio equipment market this afternoon, in ten years amateur radio would be:

a) Revitalized as a experimenters technical hobby
b) Extinct

Probably alive and well. Certainly the used equipment market would be
interesting. But there isn't anything stopping us from making our own
equipment.

Wouldn't bother me much at all!

Question 2: If you were 'inventing' amateur radio today, would you include a
Morse examination in the license qualification?

a) Yes
b) No

Part 1....I posed a similar question a while back and mostly caught
crap for it. People are going to tell you that the question is
irrelevent because Ham radio wasn't invented today, it was invented a
long time ago.

Part 2...But the answer is of course no.

And of course, the people that are really gung ho for a Morse test are
the ones that will parade part one in front of you.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Member:
ARRL http://www.arrl.org