Old July 13th 05, 01:50 AM
gb

"Curious George" wrote in message

I've seen several books that detail the electronic how to when it
comes to building an HF RF amplifier from 100 watts to 2 KW. Great!
They also show the amps sitting in these finely crafted metal
cabinets. Ok well.... I don't know how to build a nice metal cabinet,
and the books don't tell me. So....Now that I've decided I really
want to build one of those nice home brew amps I need to know how to
make the metal cabinet to put all those electronic parts in. Is
there a book or web page that teaches how to build a nice metal
cabinet to put those homebrew amplifiers in?

Curious George

CG -

Chris, G3WOS has a nice story with extensive photos of building a 50 MHz
DXpedition amplifier using the Eimac 8877.
http://www.gare.co.uk/amplifier/

He built an actual cardboard mock-up of the amplifier case
http://www.gare.co.uk/amplifier/dxpe...er_mock_up.htm

created a set of cabinet plans (Adobe Acrobat) from that mock-up
http://www.gare.co.uk/amplifier/DXpe...e%20design.pdf

then had a metal fabrication shop to build the actual cabinet.
http://www.gare.co.uk/amplifier/dxpe...ase_design.htm

Chris also used the G3SEK Triode board !
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/board...e/triode-1.htm

w9gb