Old July 13th 05, 02:42 PM
Eric F. Richards

"Michael" wrote:

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

Let me get this straight..... "Dumpster Fodder ???" Your getting carried
away....

Recommend a better radio that will have a PRACTICAL improvement over an R-75
without spending over $ 1,000.00 Please dont spit out specs that hardly
differ from that of the R-75 and are not statistically significant
PRACTICALLY speaking.

Again, I said that it is good value for the money. I know -- I had
one for quite a long time.

Tell me what radio NEW out of the box will give me a PRACTICAL improvement
on my R-75 for under $1,000.00 and I'll buy it this week. Remember, this is
for DX'ing. I dont want a boom box.

I use the R8500. It has a front-end like a tank. "Specs?" The
'8500s close-in dynamic range is abysmal. Yet I've found it to be an
amazingly useful radio. The '75 just couldn't pull anything out of
all the crap internally generated below 10 MHz here, because my
antennas happen to be in the way of the local flame-throwers.

Michael

--
Eric F. Richards

"This book reads like a headache on paper."
http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/readi...one/index.html