Old July 13th 05, 02:42 PM
Eric F. Richards

"Lucky" wrote:

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

I personally think you made a fool out of yourself with your drivel and
that's about it.

Lucky

You can believe that all you want. I owned an R75 for years. When I
was selling it at a hamfest, Bob Sherwood came by and I offered it to
him, and he just laughed.

I'll say it again: It *is* value for the money, but it is *not* an
absolute value.

For me, the issue that is important is front-end overload. There are
several flamethrowers that put millivolts worth of signal on my
antennas. I don't have problems with close-in dynamic range... no one
should really have problems with sensitivity on HF.

The R75 was nothing but images below 10 MHz without both preamps off
and the attenuator on.

--
Eric F. Richards

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- Myron Glass,
often attributed to J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940