Old July 13th 05, 02:42 PM
Eric F. Richards

craigm wrote:

Michael wrote:
"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message

"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

Let me get this straight..... "Dumpster Fodder ???" Your getting carried
away....

Recommend a better radio that will have a PRACTICAL improvement over an R-75
without spending over $ 1,000.00 Please dont spit out specs that hardly
differ from that of the R-75 and are not statistically significant
PRACTICALLY speaking.

Tell me what radio NEW out of the box will give me a PRACTICAL improvement
on my R-75 for under $1,000.00 and I'll buy it this week. Remember, this is
for DX'ing. I dont want a boom box.

Michael

Can you list the radios that fall in the $500-$1000 price range the
might be candidates for comparison? They would have to be generally
available within the US.

The radios in the list I'm asking for don't have to meet your "PRACTICAL
improvement" criteria.

What does "statistically significant PRACTICALLY speaking" mean?

craigm

Hmmm. Statistically significant here means nothing. "Significant?"
Well, he doesn't know, but I'll take a shot at it...

Sensitivity is overrated.

Dynamic range is important.

Ultimate rejection is underrated, unfortunately, and is the most
important figure for my situation. It is also where the R75 falls
short.

Right now, there aren't any radios to discuss because the tabletop
market has been swept clean.

--
Eric F. Richards

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most
experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in;
we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
- Nathaniel S. Borenstein