Old July 13th 05, 06:42 PM
Michael Lawson

Honestly, I don't have an IC-R75 to compare with my
Sat 800, but if I were going for purely DX machine,
I'd seriously look into an R-5000, R8/R8A/R8B or
an NRD-525/NRD-535. Nothing against the R75, but
if the sync is that bad as is believed, I'd rather go for
either a better one (Drake's) or none at all (JRC or
Kenwood).

That said, I stick with my Sat 800 for listening right
now because it's price point is pretty darn good for
what you get. That and I can't really spend any more
money on my shack right now, too.

--Mike L.

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
this is not a troll this is FACT

what it takes you half an hour to do with an R75, I can do in 5

seconds with
a satellit 800, and it would probably still be better. I have owned

several
R75's with different configurations so I KNOW what I am talking

about. and
the fixed SYNC on the 75 is still pathetic compared to the 800. FACT

NOW I DID SAY SWBC, the 800 is a bit handicapped for code/RTTY etc

where
really tight selectivity is needed.

but for AM mode, the 800 is unbeatable, this is FACT

"Michael" wrote in message

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
For the category of SWBC listening and DXing, the satellit 800 is

a far
superior product, really there is no comparison

1) better sound
2) better selectivity in the stock versions
3) FAR better sync detector, even if it is a fixed version !

Your saying the Sat 800 is a better radio then the R-75 for DX'ing

???

"Medication time"

Michael