Old July 13th 05, 09:52 PM
Michael Lawson

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Michael Lawson wrote:
Honestly, I don't have an IC-R75 to compare with my
Sat 800, but if I were going for purely DX machine,
I'd seriously look into an R-5000, R8/R8A/R8B or
an NRD-525/NRD-535. Nothing against the R75, but
if the sync is that bad as is believed, I'd rather go for
either a better one (Drake's) or none at all (JRC or
Kenwood).

The sync on R-75 works. And works quite well, when it's applied
according to directions. It is, however more than a bit fiddly. And
most users have neither the patience, nor the inclination to apply
it according to instructions.

I had no problems with the sync in the R-75's I've used. But it
was more work to get them to do what I expected than other designs.

I take it that it's a bit more than simply push the button,
then?? What has to be done to make the sync work, Peter??

Not everything is going to be a Drake design. Still, this one is
less than as user friendly as current technology permits.

I'm just disappointed that Sony has never followed
up on their own sync with a model geared more toward
serious DXing than the 2010. The 2010 was a trendsetter,
but it was also the high water mark of Sony SW portables,
too.

--Mike L.